This is one of those recipes that sounds like a total hassle and like it will take a ton of time. But it’s really quite easy as most of it can be shoved in the oven to roast away and the pesto itself takes minutes if you have a food processor. The pesto is the queen of this dish, it’s amaaaazing and you can use it with anything from fish to roast chicken so it makes a brilliant post-run meal which sorts out your protein recovery fix as well as being damn tasty.
For the pesto
- 75 g coriander (leaves and stalks)
- 75g of fresh mint
- 50 g unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot)
- 0.5 lime (juice and finely grated zest)
- half tin of coconut milk
- 1 pinch flaked sea salt
- Cup of cooked couscous
- Butternut squash, cut into pieces, and roasted in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Vine tomatoes, roasted
- Asparagus, gently steamed
- Block of halloumi – cut into thin slices and dry fry in an un-greased pan, turn when browned
For the pesto, add the chilli, garlic and cashews to the food processor and whizz up. It doesn’t need to be smooth, a little bit of chunkiness from the nuts can be nice. Now add the herbs, and salt and whizz again. Lastly, add enough coconut to combine but for it to keep it’s texture without becoming runny. Taste for seasoning and add fresh lime juice, and more chilli to taste. Serve with the salad.