Would you like to be part of a fast growing digital company that helps to inspire, motivate and empower women?
The freelance Content & Community Writer will work closely with the founder of Girls Run the World on strategy. Your main role will be researching, writing, editing and commissioning stories for the GRTW content platform on our website, weekly newsletters and social media posts.
You will be responsible for creating bold, compelling and engaging written content for all our digital platforms. You should have a passion for writing, social media, and be confident writing content across topics related to running, triathlon, fitness, health and nutrition.
The role will also involve writing and updating content on our course platform, which help to launch new digital products. Ability to also create simple graphic designs for use on social media, using products such as Canva would also be good.
- Ideation and execution of written content across digital channels that educates, informs and engages.
- Creating content across our website, blog, and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to adjust tone for different channels/mediums.
- Experience with writing highly engaging and digitally optimised content with the aid of SEO and analytic tools such as Google Analytics, etc.
- Design skills, (use of Canva is fine) and experience of using Mailchimp to write weekly campaigns.
- Recent graduates will be considered but ideally, at least one year of experience in a similar or related role would be great.
- This is a freelance position of 10 hours per week.
- Home working.
- Opportunities to take on responsibility, grow and become a full time position.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting materials (such as links to other work) to be considered, along with expectations of hourly rate. Closing date: June 11th 2020.