FAQ Retreats and Holidays
Do I need to be able to run at a certain speed?
- UK weekend retreats: We have two to three coaches on our weekend retreats which helps us to create a trail running experience for all speeds. This may mean creating a breakaway group who run a shorter distance so that the group all finish at the same time.
- UK Run Wild Trail Adventure days: you will need to be able to run at least 12 min miles. Again we have one coach per ten runners so we are able to cater for different speeds.
- Overseas: On our Chamonix retreat, you will need to be able to run a 5km of 28 minutes or under, or a half marathon under two hours.
Do I need to be able to run a certain distance?
- A minimum of three miles on our weekend retreats.
- Five miles on our Chamonix retreats.
- The distance of our Run Wild Adventures.
Do I need to bring a yoga mat?
Mats will be provided.
What happens if it rains?
We will run whatever the weather, be prepared with the right clothing. Ourdoor yoga sessions may not be possible in such situations. We will replace this with more coaching tips within the run and post run Q&A.
- Trail running shoes are preferable although if it's dry, road shoes should suffice.
- Plenty of running socks.
- Running backpack (optional).
- Running clothes.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Sunglasses/cap/or visor.
- Swimming costume (Chamonix).
- Road shoes.