Run the World Adventures
“‘If you’re wondering whether to go, just do it! You will have so much fun, sightsee somewhere new whilst running, meet and be connect with like minded women. You'll remember it forever !'”
Run the World
Girls Run the World Valencia, October 21st-24th 2022
Travel is back! Come and explore the wonderful city of Valencia, with it's Moorish history and famed for its culture, fantastic shopping in cool little neighbourhoods, amazing food - and one of the fastest road half marathons in Europe.
This will be the third time we have hosted this trip and we know all the coolest neighbourhoods, the best food markets and great restaurants and places for cocktails. We don't just run, we explore and enjoy every aspect that this great city has to offer.
The Trip Breakdown
- Arrive in Valencia on an flight of your choice.
- Day at leisure or come to pick up your race bag and visit the small expo (we will endeavour to pick up all bags for you if you prefer not to go).
- 7pm Evening meal and drink at a fantastic hidden locals gem near the seafront.
- Optional morning short run to shake out the muscles before breakfast.
- 11am - 1.30pm City tour by bike (it's very gentle so it won't tired your legs out. It is optional).
- Afternoon at leisure; you could visit the beach for paella, go shopping, go for a swim, it's up to you.
- Evening supper together, 7pm
- Early breakfast and a gentle run or walk to the race start, 10 minutes away.
- Finish line photographs; we wait until everyone is finished.
- Post race stretch and yoga.
- Celebration lunch and drinks at the beach.
- 7.30pm Celebration dinner.
- Breakfast and depature.
Prices and Booking Valencia
Price: £350 per person.
- Room on a twin share basis with breakfast included at Hotel Dimar.
- Half marathon training plan.
- Girls Run the World running vest.
It does not include:
- Race entry (it is currently 51 euros).
- Optional excursions like the city bike tour (approximatelly 30 euros).
Ethiopia Training Camp 2023 TBC
GIRLS RUN THE WORLD ETHIOPIA, incorporating The Great Ethiopia Run, 2023
Immerse yourself in the landscape, routines, culture and food of the country that has produced generations of Olympic running champions. This trip is a must-do for any woman who loves to explore the world through running.
We will run through the eucalyptus forest trails high above Addis Ababa where Haile Gellbraises still runs.
We will be staying at YaYa athletics village where you'll tread in the same footsteps of international athletes who utilise the high altitude camp for training. But don't be intimidated, this is for all anyone who wants to improve their running while exploring.
We'll have local guides to take us running in the local area as well as a day trip to explore the stunning countryside of Ethiopia.
We will then spend the final few days in the city at a five star Hyatt Regency over race weekend where you’ll get to enjoy a meal at a traditional Ethiopian restaurant, visit local markets with a guide and explore the local coffee scene.
And on race day itself, it will be a VIP experience to the start line followed by lunch with the former world champion, Haile Gebrselassie himself.
Join us for a once in a lifetime experience.
‘I signed up for the GRTW Palma trip because I thought it was a great challenge to do my first half marathon and make a weekend of it. The trip itself was amazing, we had a beautiful hotel, went to lovely restaurants as a group and had time and space to do our own thing. Smaller groups went out on different trips and at times we’d all bump into each other, or give each the run down of top tips we’d experienced in case anyone else fancied doing the same thing. Other times we all just sunbathed or drank cocktails. It was fab! Standing in the sun with our medals, beers and bananas after the race with all the girls and their smiley faces was one of the best moments!’
'The evening celebratory meal just topped it off, we had an amazing room in a historic restaurant all to ourselves, drank too much wine and nattered all evening about our race experiences. Everyone was so supportive, and we were all super proud of each other. I absolutely loved it!'
‘Great organisation and the general information on where to go, what to do and see was excellent. I came to Lake Garda feeling very relaxed, always good on your first international race/weekend away on your own.’
‘GRTW trips are a must, not only to say that you have participated in an international race but you get to know some amazing women. And aside from the running side of things, you get to experience great food, drink, locations and sporting activities. I am already looking forward to the next one!’
‘If you’re wondering whether to go, just do it! You will have so much fun, sightsee somewhere new whilst running, meet and be inspired by like minded ladies and get a break from the old routine and do something different that you’ll always remember.‘